We’ve gathered a team that is best in class to work on a precarious problem to benefit the retailer, consumer, and our planet. Joining our team means serving some of the biggest retail brands in the industry today, while building a company that will last.
We’re looking for a Head of Finance who will lay the foundation for the internal finance function at FloorFound and will have responsibility for building and managing the internal FloorFound finance team. This will include working closely with the CEO to develop and reforecast the financial plan of the business and to work with other members of the leadership team to set and reforecast their budgets. Additionally, this role will have an investor relations component including the communication of company’s financial performance to investors and board members. The role will also oversee all the standard accounting processes at the business including monthly and annual closes, financial reporting and reconciliation with clients, taxes and participate in other strategic finance functions related to the capital strategy of the business. The right candidate will have experience in an eCommerce setting and with previous startups. This role will report to the CEO.
- Collaborate with the CEO on FP&A activities including the development of the company’s financial plan
- Financial scenario modeling guiding strategic decision making based on P&L levers.
- P&L forecasting, analytics, and insights.
- Investor relations including reporting on the company’s financial performance at board meetings and monthly communication related to the company’s.
- Collaborate with the CEO to create the company’s capital strategy and support any/all fundraising activities of the company.
- Develop the annual operating budget for the business and manage/reforecast that budget on a monthly basis.
- Oversee monthly and annual close process.
- Work with all functional areas to develop annual budget.
- Collaborate with operations to ensure optimal financial performance for the FloorFound network.
- Build and manage the FloorFound finance team.
- Manage the partnership with the company’s outside finance partner.
- 7-10 years of experience in finance account roles including demonstrated leadership of a finance team.
- Experience working with CEO and executive team and experience leading FP&A process.
- Experience with financial leadership at a venture backed start up and within eCommerce.
- Some experience with investor relations including board and investor reporting.
- Demonstrated experience working cross functionally with an executive leadership team.
- Strong communication skills with an ability to clearly communicate company’s strategic financial objectives.
Why choose FloorFound?
- We make our salaries competitive.
- We give early equity options: it’s a unique opportunity to be part of the “founding group”.
- We provide Health Benefits to give you (and your family!) peace of mind.
- $500/year for that Crossfit gym, or to replace your old mountain bike!
- Did we mention snacks? Even for our remote team!
- Paid parental leave (including adoptions).
- Paid company service days. We believe in giving back to our community, so we invest in it.
- Partial high-speed internet reimbursement.
- We’re growing a company at the leading-edge of re-commerce. Help us #savethesofas!